Fashion for Life!!
Every event that raises dollars to battle cancer is an event I support. Today, I ambled a bit, appropriately enough, in one of this year’s Fashion for Life sims, called “Amble.”
As usual, you’ll find lots of goodies at this year’s FFL, with nearly all of the purchases benefiting the American Cancer Society at some percentage level. Items where 100% of the funds go to the battle to eradicate cancer always catch my eye and my heart. I bought several of these today, starting with this comfy crop top and maxi flexi skirt set shown in this post from Bodza Blackadder of Living Imagination. I could live in this outfit all summer. You’ll want to as well. Get your comfy on by heading to FFL Amble and pick yours up, along with the knowledge that 100% of this purchase goes to the fight to wipe out cancer.
It’s Friday. By this time in the week, I’m fresh out of words. All I *can* say is this is one cute little mesh dress for a mere few lindens. I think it was somewhere in the 100L neighborhood when I purchased it on the marketplace. Fair warning here, it doesn’t come with an alpha. But alphas make little difference to me. I always end up modifying my shape, alpha or not. Cute cute mesh dress, hair, shoes…the works. Check out the slurls below. And above all, happy freakin friday…at last.
- Dress: “Sheer Sprinkles Dress” by Gisele Grizot of Chez GiGi
- Hair: “Evie” hair and ponytail from Catwa Clip of CaTwA
- Shoes: “Riverton sandal in moonglow” from Eboni Khan of Hucci (requires SLink High feet, next item)
- Feet: “AV Enhance Female High feet” from Siddean Munro of SLink
- Jewerly: “Indra painted stacked bangles,” “Sarayi hoops (colored),” and “Nizam Choodiya bangles (silver-white)” all from Zaara Kohime of Zaara
- Poses: “Berrylicious” from Rogan Diesel of Diesel Works
Long-time friend and amazing artist Shenlei Winkler has always crafted quintessentially romantic gowns. This was true more than six years ago when flexi ruled the grid. And it remains true with the advent of all things mesh. I still happen to be a fan of flexi. The wonderful thing is that Shen takes the best of both flexi and mesh and creates these truly sublime pieces that have structure and somehow seem to breathe.
Take her latest creation “Grecian.” Shen dropped it to me the other day and I think it’s the most spectacular, regal gown for the upcoming holiday season.
Really Grecian is a stunner in any season. The body of the gown is a beautiful mesh with the skirt made up of ethereal flexis that float beautifully. Grecian comes with upper sleeves that are also flexi and can be worn with or without them. Such a beautiful gown. Head over to the marketplace where you’ll find Shen’s Debutante gowns. Pick up yours and be unquestionably gorgeous.
This just in from the Fantasy Faire group chat: 2,014,418 L$ raised in the first 25 hours!!! YOU GO, WORLD!
Fantasy Faire 2013 slurls and urls
Today’s Look from the Fairelands
It’s HERE! The Fantasy Faire 2013 launched yesterday with 10 sims and all of us in the fight to eradicate cancer.
Like so many of us, I so look forward to this event every year. It’s truly a world within a world, a celebration of all the cultures and of possibilities, and an unwavering commitment to find a cure. This is about the only time in the year inworld that I’m actually happy for the lag. It’s such a tangible measure of the heart of the inworld community. Yesterday the sims were overrun with so very many wonderful souls joining arms in this most important fight. And yet the lag didn’t deter. We all pushed forth in good spirits and waded into the Fairelands. I picked up several items, the vast majority from the Magnificat sim and all of them from the RFL vendors. I’m about to do so again today, but before I do, here’s the info and slurls (below) on these beautiful finds, with 100% of the proceeds going to the fight to abolish cancer.
Fantasy Faire fashion details and slurl to the Magnificat Sim where all of these items can be found. 100% of the proceeds from these RFL vendor items goes to the fight to eradicate cancer:
- Skin: DRACO Moonlight/Magma xx +FGInc.+ Serpent scales SB from Alia Baroque of Fallen Gods
- Hair: /Wasabi Pills/ Erika Mesh Hair – (BOOBS) – Crystal azure from MissAllSunday Lemon of Wasabi Pills. Comes in two versions (regular and one to lay properly on large boobs) and I believe four colors in a single pack.
- Pose: Musa Dance with Sylph Pose FF2013 with veils from Filomena Quinnell of Musa
Fashion items not from the Fantasy Faire:
- Face tattoo: Haila Tattoo [Face] :// Complex Full DOT 70 from Aikea Rieko of The Plastik
- Ears: *6DOO* wakka elf ears B left color:medium,light (I recolored these) from ondo Mode of *6DOO*
- Eyes: ::EbiEyes:: green/brown from Kekona Aichi
- Arm band: Nizam bajubandh (arm band) *white* from Zaara Kohime of Zaara
- Pasties: *HD* Ilya – hearts 1 (from the Ilya set) from Ellen Huet of Hugo’s Design
- Pants: Chaospire “Beledinoir” Pants/Leggings from Devyn Grimm of Chaospire
Last night when I logged inworld, I opened up a subscribo notecard from Oblivion that announced a new monthly event “Genre.” Here’s the full description:
Genre is a new monthly event that focuses on celebrating the different cultures within SL. With so many creators designing for these special communities, it was high time that they had an event of their own, not only bringing them and their talents to the general populace of SL, but also at a price everyone can afford. Each month a specific genre is chosen along with a theme to help inspire and unify the designers in their creations, with a price cap of 100L per item. Starting on the 15th of every month and ending on the 12th, people will have a lil less than a month to visit the event. For the opening month Fantasy is being brought to the forefront with Ethereal being the theme….a land where magic abounds, unicorns roam free, and the goblin king reigns. This month’s participating designers are:
Fallen Gods Inc
La Petite Morte
With a theme like “Ethereal,” I couldn’t resist. I tp’d, I saw, I shopped! And now I post! The event venue isn’t overly huge (yet), which is wonderful. And the beautiful creations that are there are wonderful too. I picked up several items, all of them shown in this post beginning with this angelic mesh dress…shocking that it might be to find me in mesh. Mesh and I generally don’t well, mesh (pun intended). I refuse to alter my shape to fit it and it generally refuses to adhere to the dangerous curves of my form. Imagine my surprise and utter delight when this particular dish of a mesh dress from BareRose fit like a glove. Huzzah, triumphant! I surged ahead then and without any intention of altering my shape for a skin either, I wore a La Petite Morte skin, which is also available at Genre. And the hair from Analog Dog (also at Genre) is just iconoclastic-classical fun.
Do check out Genre. I have a feeling this event is going to grow rapidly in popularity if the launch is any indication. The Ethereal theme runs at Genre from January 15th-February 12th.
- hair: “b-wound up” in shea (light blondes) from Queue Marlowe of Analog Dog
- skin: “wixon” (fantasy 1) in pale from Voshie Paine of la petite morte
- dress: “self control” (mesh) from June Dion of BareRose (shoes shown not included)
- eyes (not at Genre): “sunrise” in sand from Ikon Innova of IKON
Half the fun of doing a fashion post is putting the look together. I’ve always favored a look of casual elegance. I’m all refined lady but can just as easily slip my heels off for a game of beach volleyball or for transplanting flowers in a garden bed.
Ala Folie fashion speaks to this…although not really. The truth is I just wear the brand that way. There’s no mistaking the ultra femininity of Ala Folie fashion. And it’s the easiest look to put together because each purchase is complete: utterly elegant and female. I’m not at all sure if Pixivor’s muse would ever allow her nails to be dirtied from planting flowers. But one thing is certain…no matter what any Ala Folie woman is doing, she looks the part of the ideal woman. Because, you see…she really, truly is.
Sashay yourself on down to the slurls below and pick up a yummy Ala Folie item, like this flapper dress, which comes in a variety of lengths and a fat pack. I show it in the very sexy “courte.”
- Dress: “Diamant” (courte) in noir (not including belt) from Pixivor Allen of Ala Folie . Comes with matching shoes.
- Hair: “Sassy 2″ (mesh) in treacle (dark browns) from Truth Hawks of Truth .
- Eyes: “Horizon Eyes” in Pale Caramel from Ikon Innovia of IKON .
- Skin: “Helena – December 31st” from Tuli Asturias of Tuli, at The Dressing Room – Fusion .
- Belt: “Luna” from Matchbook Monday of Amorous.