We’re officially in betwixt the conclusion of one holiday and marching headlong into the granddaddy of all holidays, the cheering in of the newness of the New Year. So as I type with fingers that, I swear have gained 4 pounds each just this last week, let me share with you yet another gorgeous creation — another gorgeous gift idea — from uber talented craftsperson and friend Tiffy Vella. Her “Scarab” collar necklace is as regal as any holiday season can get. And stately enough to carry you magnificently through all the days in this coming New Year. So dash onto the slurls below to pick up yours. “Scarab” is truly unique and gorgeous with any outfit you wear … through all the days of what I wish will be just as gorgeous and Happy a New Year for each and every one of you. Happy New Year!
- Necklace: Eclectica Scarab Neckpiece-gold & turquoise (first and second photo, with separate color choices from a variety of color choices shown in the next two photos) by Tiffy Vella of Eclectica Jewelry
- Robe: SilkDrape **Midnight Forest** (rare) by Chandra Meehan of dM deviousMind
- Dress: Ianna – SilkDress **Onyx** (rare) by Chandra Meehan of dM deviousMind (does not include the christmas lights belt, made by another creator eons ago)
- Headdress: OrsiniRed Snow Brightness Crown Sea by Hatili Ishtari of OrsiniSun & OrsiniRed
- Hair: Forget by Sabina Gully of Magika
- Skin: Moonbeam Frex [Dark] Angel-Flutter 2 by Gala Phoenix of Curio
- Shoes: Riverton Sandal – Moonglow by Eboni Kha of Hucci
The Holiday Season is upon us and I am so far behind with posts on gorgeous creations from Tiffy Vella of Eclectica Jewelry, please forgive. Before another moment gets away from me, feast your eyes on one of Tiffy’s latest creations, the ‘Bellezza’ set (earrings and pendant, with innumerable color changing options). Even more than that, head to Tiffy’s shop “Eclectica” and pick up this delicious gift of all that is beautiful. And stay tuned for more posts featuring her wonderful creations. Including another one of Belleza so I can show you the gorgeous earrings in this set. I love this set. Tiffy artfully casts what happens when elegance gracefully collides with presence. A gorgeous knockout…all on its own or with any fashion you so desire.
A Look from the Fairelands
Day 11…the last day for this year’s Fantasy Faire. I’m about to log inworld and spend the entire day taking in the Fairelands in an attempt to capture as much of the culture and experience as possible knowing full well that that spirit of fellowship and generosity, magic and possibilities lives in all of us in every moment. I started my chronicle of this year’s Faireland by describing the wonderful generosity and artistry of several creators who took the time to chat with someone they didn’t know (me). It’s fitting that my last Fantasy Faire fashion entry comes full circle on that note.
Destany Laval, creator of Unzipped, so incredibly generously shared her amazing “Drache” armour ensemble and also wings to me. I fell over in shock both because of Destany’s incredible generosity to a stranger and because of her incredible work. I wear her impressive “Drache” wings in the Marilyn Fauna entry I posted a few days ago. What’s not shown in that post is how those amazing wings span out and flap when you fly. I discovered this quite accidentally (and delightedly) in an impromptu moment when I decided to fly briefly through the Fairelands.
As for Destany’s mindboggling artistry with her overall “Drache” ensemble, I wore this look several times, first because I was bowled over by the incredible detail and second because I wanted to make sure my photos of her amazing creation truly reflected its magnificence. As very wonderful friend Dale said, the ensemble is really a wildly impressive work of art. Early on when I met Destany just outside of her shop in the Asperatus sim, she shared with me that she created this design by hand on a tablet and that it took a year to get it just right and completed. Destany also shared with me that she is an artist in the atomic world. When you see “Drache” you find that the creation itself puts an exclamation mark at the end of that statement. Destany is such an amazing artist. “Drache” is simply a wildly gorgeous, intricate amazing work of art created by an amazing talent in both worlds.
I hope Destany doesn’t mind that I’ve come to view it as a warrior’s ensemble. It so incredibly reflects the level of resolve and passion in all of us who so valiantly and so determinedly continue in the battle to win the day and eradicate cancer.
After logging from the Fantasy Faire last night (when the Paws of the Law had imprisoned Jessica Lyon and after I contributed a couple times to help meet the 100,000 linden bail), the total linden count generated during the Fantasy Faire logged somewhere in the 5 million linden neighborhood with more shopping and the live auction to come today. Such amazing spirit, such amazing generosity, such amazing community and fellowship. Who can’t be in awe of everyone , this event, the heart and soul, the creations and fellowships here? All I can think to say is what I uttered in overwhelmed surprise to Destany when she shared her work with me: Wow…simply a blown away wow…and thank you beyond words in these the last remaining hours of the Faire. In truth, always.
Fashion details and slurls. 100% of each RFL vendor item purchase goes to the fight to eradicate cancer.
- ASPERATUS sim. Ensemble: Drache Demon Armour Female from Destany Laval of Unzipped
- Gold Headdress (at the Fantasy Gacha): “Caprisci” (rare) from Pure Poison
Fantasy Faire 2014 slurls and urls
A couple of weeks ago, wonderful friend Tiffy Vella of Eclectica dropped more of her amazing creations to me. I had taken photos of them but I wasn’t happy with the photos only because they didn’t do justice to Tiffy’s craftsmanship. Take a look at the detail in Tiffy’s pieces. It’s really astounding. Hers are the rare pieces that I put on and find myself mesmerized by them.
The dragonfly in this set is sublimely dimensional. The piece has teeny tiny moving gears that motor a functioning clock. I’m just so astounded by her artistry that really I’m often quite speechless. All I really can do is implore you to just go to Eclectica (slurls below) and pick up her art: any and all of the items in her shop that her fans have the joy of calling jewelry. Tiffy, you are so incredibly talented. You just amaze. You really do. Thank you for your friendship and for the great, great pleasure of showcasing your wonderful creations!
Fashion Details – Eclectica
- Necklace: ‘Mechanika’ watch neckpiece 2-ULTRA RARE from Tiffy Vella of Eclectica
- Fob Watch: ‘Mechanika’ fob watch 2-ULTRA RARE from Tiffy Vella of Eclectica
- Right cuff: from ‘Artifact’ black ensemble from Tiffy Vella of Eclectica (comes with color changing HUD to change stone colors, shown with green stone color choice)
- Glasses: from Tiffy Vella of Eclectica
Fashion Details – other items
- Top: Sweater from the “Fast and Loose ensemble” in taupe from Ivey Deschanel of Sn@tch
- Pant: “70s High Waist Pants” in pattern from Eowyn Swords of Death Row Designs
- Left bangle: “Indra” painted stack bangles from Zaara Kohime of Zaara
- Hair: “Soft” in blonde 2 from [elikatira]
- Pose from Rogan Diesel of Diesel Works
I am absolutely *wild* about a mind-boggling gorgeous creation called “Artifact” from long-time friend and uber talented designer Tiffy Vella of Eclectica Jewellery. Tiffy dropped “Artifact” to me the other day, and I’ve been stupefied by its presence ever since. Its beauty, dimension, and status just stagger the mind. It comes complete with color-changing hud, which provides about 9 stone color variations. “Artifact” is so regal, so royal, so breathtaking, so stunning that I’ve spent considerable time marveling at it instead of taking photos. I show it in a few windlight settings so you can see there’s *real* dimension in the stones and the metal etchings of these pieces.
“Artifact” is a *WOW* jewelry set. It’s gorgeous, truly utterly gorgeous. Run, trust me, just run straight to Tiffy’s shop and pick this up. No matter what metal variety you select — Nacre, Silver, Gold, or Black — you will *adore* this ensemble. *Adore* it. Wow, Tiffy, thank you so very much for the great beauty you render in your pieces and the very great joy your incredible talents give.
- Photo 1-2: “Artifact” jewelry ensemble in silver and the aqua stone colorway from Tiffy Vella of Eclectica Jewellery & Accoutrements; “Bowed Court” shoes (shown in dove), also from Tiffy Vella; Vintage Lace Gown – Delicate from Onyx LeShelle of Maitreya (and available through Feb 7th for a great price at Collabor88 ); “Sophie~Smokey Red~Brown Brows” skin from Rhapzody Wilde of Mynerva (this skin is a beautiful oldie…I’m not sure if it’s still available)
- Photo 3: “Artifact” jewelry ensemble in nacre and the pink stone colorway, from Tiffy Vella of Eclectica Jewellery & Accoutrements; “Angelica” skin (in India tone) from Aida Ewing of Glam Affair
- Photo 4: “Artifact” in gold and the white stone colorway from Tiffy Vella; Glam Affair skin
- Photo 5: “Artifact” in gold and the green stone colorway from Tiffy Vella; Glam Affair skin
- Photo 6: “Artifact” in black and the purple stone colorway from Tiffy Vella; Glam Affair skin
All through the year and everywhere. The magic is remembering What Matters…Life, Love, Sharing, Caring. Very best wishes for a very Merry Christmas and a Wonderful New Year. With love, Michele
The magic of the Holiday Season is upon us and with it comes the magic of the 6th annual Peace on Earth Hunt. POE6 is a grid-wide hunt that begins December 1st (tomorrow!) and runs through January 6, 2014. Long-time friend and POE founder Sequoia Nightfire inspires more than 200 designers to contribute beautiful creations for POE6, which also happens to be the largest hunt event in SL. As alway, the items are so lovely you won’t want to miss out.
Here’s the first of many free items that I’ll feature over the next few weeks. This one is a partial mesh dress from Topazia. I pair it with a Rockberry skin, also a POE hunt item. So get ready and get your fingers on those slurls (below)…POE is set to begin in just a couple of short hours from now! Wheeeeeeeeeeeee!!
- Dress: “Live me in dandelion” from Nathalia Topaz of Topazia
- Skin: “Bailey” in Dark/BLD/Clv from [ROCKBERRY]
Other Items (oldies but goodies — maybe even 4 or more years old — and not POE items)
- Hair: “Piper” in copper from Onyx LeShelle of Maitreya
- Shoes: “Paloma Point Ballet Slipper” in Pink from Siddean Munro of SLink