Fantasy Faire 2016 slurls and urls
- Official Fantasy Faire 2016 weblog
- Official Fantasy Faire Radio
- Official Fantasy Faire Flickr
- Official Fantasy Faire Twitter
- My cheat sheet post to the Fantasy Faire Sim and Slurls
A Look from the Fairelands (details of Fairelands items and slurls after the pictures)
Fashion Details for items at the Fantasy Faire
- squid (RFL item): Chasm – Huntar by Vix Nirvana of Storybook in Dangarnon
- ears (RFL item): Elven Dragon ears by Drusilla Dethly of The Little Bat in Dangarnon
- skin (RFL item): Constella Skin:// Lunale by Aikea Rieko of The Plastik in Serenity
- particles that I wear (RFL item): Twinkle Faeries (purple) by ColeMarie Soleil of Cole’s Corner in Lucentia
- crown: Midnight Lotus headdress by Krystali Rabeni of Love Roleplay & Fantasy Store in Tinkers Hollow
- veil: face net headband by Krystali Rabeni of Love Roleplay & Fantasy Store in Tinkers Hollow
- beard of a wise woman (RFL item): Prophecy by Kaleidos of OtherSkin in Blackmoor
- SIM Locations (photos here were taken largely in Otherworld, but a couple where near the sim crossing to Echtra):
Day 8 ~ The Climb
Kneeling proved to be a blessing in disguise.
Bloom’n bent a knee on the long dark path and quietly landed her kneecap before the single flower — a survivor, this spirit, who represented so very much. Standing upright and tall, bright and hopeful in the midst of the surrounding heaviness. In search of a Sun even though there was no Sun to be seen anywhere. At least, not yet. But Hope is always present, Bloom’n thought. Even the flower seemed to know this.
She stole time for a moment and breathed softly, tasting the edges of encouragement along the plant’s sweet fragrance. Feathering each petal now with her fingertips, she opened her senses even wider, then plunged her spirit deeply into another space and another time. It was then that she could have sworn she heard the flower speak. Then, that the plant seemed to call forth whispers from that distant place and time, whispers that urged, “Climb!”
And then, that the present suddenly yanked Bloom’n rudely back to its reality. The toaster shuddered noticeably, making fireworks of breadcrumbs.
“…for our return…” the little metal creature explained without being asked, then continued to shudder as in the grips of hypothermia.
Sage smiled as always, but now a grimness tinged the corners of her mouth. She turned from the little metal creature to survey a trail suddenly blazed by the Were, the Giant Barbarian, and the kittens now morphing into Fierce Lions and Bangle Tigers. That battle-eager cohort raced forward with abandon, clearly On The Hunt. Yards, nearly miles ahead it seemed for they travelled so fast, they called back to Sage and the others — the Were and the Giant Barbarian, the Lions with their roars, the Tigers with their snarls called back and urged with fierce instruction: “Climb!”
“The battle is now,” Sage spoke rapidly.
“The way out is Through,” she said and in one swift movement, lifted the toaster onto her shoulder, rallied the other small creatures into extreme readiness, then looked with sharp evaluation at her friend who still knelt…living perhaps a bit too long there.
“The way out is through…and Up,” the flower seemed to add, stretching itself imperceptibly but enough for eyes to see. Bloom’n blinked. Once, then twice, then three times. As if to clear her ears to hear the beautiful plant all the way down through to its roots and back up again, a journey which she was now convinced extended to the Heavens and the Wisest of Eternals. As if in search of Galaxies, she studied each innocent yet ancient white-pink petal. Then feeling her friend’s determined energy, Bloom’n looked up and met Sage’s eyes.
“We climb,” Sage resolutely said. Her eyes sparkled now. “We cast off the skeletons of fear, remnants long overdue to be left behind.”
She extended her hand and firmly took Bloom’n’s hand.
“We climb together,” Sage breathed. “We climb all of us as one. We climb now.”