I find myself saying the same thing year after year: this year’s Fantasy Faire is *incredible.* Most noteworthy is this message from the amazing Fairelanders’ founders-organizers-all-around magic makers:
We are delighted and proud beyond words to announce a historic moment, not just for Fantasy Faire, but for Relay for Life as a whole and for the American Cancer Society. For the first time in its 32-year history, a Relay for Life team is channeling its fundraising to one specific ACS project: building a Hope Lodge in Kenya, where cancer survivors and their caregivers can stay for free while undergoing their treatments at facilities that are far from their homes.
Full details here: Hope Lodge for Kenya and SL Fantasy Faire
That the American Cancer Society reached out to Fantasy Faire to pilot this effort is wonderful testament to the truly profound impact made by Second Life and its Fairelanders. The Hope Lodge for Kenya focus and all the artistry and community in the Fairelands makes this year’s happenings bigger, bolder, more beautiful than ever. If you haven’t yet been, make sure to Be Here. If you’ve already been, Be Here Again. As is the true spirit of this wonderful community, Be Here Always.
Fashion Details (100% of RFL vendor items goes to the fight to eradicate cancer).
- Body Flower (not a RFL vendor item but so lovely): Tentacle flower in dark from Naminoke. (Location in Severina)
- Mask: Cthaeh from 1313 Mockingbird Lane. (Location in The Bazaar Dungeon)
- Sheath: Lyta from Poet’s Heart. (Location in Falls of Hope)
- Skin: Reverie in beryl from Sinful Needs. (Location in Severina)
- Photo Location: Pools of Ethuil