One Billion Rising.
This critically important event takes place on Valentine’s Day, February 14th, everywhere.
You don’t have to hunt too hard to find incredibly sobering statistics on violence against women. In America, a woman is raped every two minutes. In other parts of the world, 15-year-old girls are shot in the head for having the “audacity” to seek an education and to say that women should be allowed to go to school. If the War Against Women that was used as political fodder outraged you (and it should have), what seems like a global epidemic of mental and physical abuse against women should too.
Break the Chain.
Be there. Everywhere.
Important Links – Atomic World
- Online Petition to end violence against women and girls
- @VDay on Twitter
- Rise on Facebook
- VDay on YouTube Warning: some videos are not easy to watch. But that’s why this event is so very important.
- Choreographer Debbie Allen Teaches the “Break the Chain” dance You’ll find me dancing this dance through my house at any given moment.
- The Dancers teach the dance in a mirrored version Love seeing these fine young ladies teach this.
- “Break the Chain” – the Anthem. Lyrics here.
- Donate to VDay, a public charity that operates as a virtual organization.
Important Links – Second Life
Debbie Allen’s Choreography – Step by Step